Downloading and installing¶
In order to download and install Ring, first go to Ring’s download page and select the appropriate platform for your software.
For Gnome/Linux clients¶
Installing via the terminal¶
To install Ring from the terminal, you just need to follow these next steps:
- Select your Linux distribution (e.g., Debian 8).
- Copy the commands in the dark box and paste them in a terminal. It’s possible that you need root access for this.
- Execute the commands.
Installing using binary packages¶
If you wish to use an installator and install Ring manually, go to Ring’s manual installation page and follow these steps:
- Select your Linux distribution from the drop-down list.
- Download and execute the daemon installer.
- Download and execute the client installer.
Whether you install Ring via the terminal or binary packages, Ring should have been installed on your operating system and should appear in your applications list.
This subsection is currently empty.